eChallenges e-2007 Conference and Exhibition
24 - 26 October 2007, The Hague, The Netherlands
Call for Papers Deadline - 28 February
Dear Colleagues, eChallenges e-2007 Conference & Exhibition takes place in The Hague, The Netherlands 24 - 26 October. This is the seventeenth in a series of Annual Conferences supported by the European Commission, which regularly attracts over 600 delegates from leading commercial, government and research organisations around the world to share knowledge and experience, lessons learnt and good practice. eChallenges e-2006 attracted almost 650 delegates from 53 countries.
The International Programme Committee for e-2007 is now inviting extended abstracts (1,200 - 1,500 words) for technical papers, visionary papers, business and government case studies. Proposals to arrange workshop sessions are also welcome. Related themes and suggestions for papers and sessions are outlined in the Call for Papers www.echallenges.org/e2007/default.asp?page=c4p eChallenges e-2007 will focus on Applied ICT research topics addressing major societal and economic challenges. The programme will combine strategic keynote presentations, technical and policy papers, case studies, workshops, an exhibition and social activities. The programme will showcase results from projects funded at national and regional level as well as those funded by European Commission Research Programmes.
Call for Papers
Submission deadline for Extended Abstracts: 28 February 2007
Acceptance decision: 31 March 2007
Submission of full paper: 30 April 2007 The scientific programme for eChallenges e-2007 is based on an open Call for Papers and the conference language is English. All abstracts (www.echallenges.org/e2007/default.asp?page=submission) must be submitted online by 28 February for double blind peer review by the International Programme Committee (www.echallenges.org/e2007/default.asp?page=committees).
Papers should focus on a research or eAdoption topic on which a case study, initial or final results can be published. General project descriptions are not appropriate. All papers must highlight the level of innovation and actual or expected impact.
Please bear in mind that the extended abstracts submitted are double blind peer reviewed so they should not provide contact details within the text of the extended abstract submitted. All extended abstracts are text based - please follow the structure proposed.
Workshop proposals must also be registered by 28 February 2007 www.echallenges.org/e2007/default.asp?page=submission-ws Each workshop proposal should be supported by a minimum of two papers per workshop session. Authors submit abstracts via Abstract Submission process, as these will be double blind peer reviewed by the IPC.
Core Thematic Priorities for eChallenges e-2007
- ICT for Networked Enterprise - Future forms of organisations, Technology and Applications
- eGovernment & eDemocracy - Services to Citizens & Business, Organisational Transformation
- eHealth - Health Information Systems, Services to Citizens
- Collaborative Working Environments
- Knowledge and Content Technologies
- Security and Identity Management
- Technology Enhanced Learning and ICT Skills
Related themes include but are not restricted to:
- i2010 and ICT take-up by SMEs
- Digital Content & Digital Rights Management - issues, applications & technologies
- eVoting, eParticipation
- eInclusion and eAccessibility
- eTourism and Cultural Heritage
- Future Emerging Technologies
- eInfrastructures/GRID - issues, applications and technologies
- Knowledge management and technologies
- Interoperability and Standardisation
- Mobility - issues, applications & technologies
- Open Source Technologies and Applications
- Smart and Virtual Organisations More information is available at www.echallenges.org/e2007/default.asp?page=themes
Support organisations confirmed to date include
- DG Information Society & Media of the European Commission
- ENISA (European Network and Information Security Agency)
Sponsors confirmed to date include
- Ministry of Economic Affairs, the Netherlands
- Municipality of The Hague
Technical Co-Sponsors confirmed to date include
- IEEE Region 8 (Europe, Middle East, Africa)- IEEE Benelux Joint Chapter on Communications and Vehicular Technologies
- IEEE UKRI Computer Chapter
- IEEE Control & Communication (Ireland) Joint Chapter
Media partners confirmed to date include
- The Parliament Magazine
We kindly ask you to forward this Call for Papers to your colleagues in research, government or business interested in these topics.
We look forward to receiving your extended abstracts and workshop submissions by 28 February.
eChallenges e-2007 Organising Committee
IIMC International Information Management Corporation Ltd
IST-Africa 2007 Conference & Exhibition
Maputo, Mozambique, 09 - 11 May 2007
www.IST-Africa.org/Conference2007 - Call for Papers Submission Deadline 22 December eChallenges e-2007 Conference & Exhibition
The Hague, The Netherlands, 24 - 26 October 2007
www.eChallenges.org - Call for Papers Submission Deadline 28 February