fredag, november 30, 2007
DIVERSE 2008 conference announcement and call for papers
DIVERSE 2008 Conference: first call for proposals
Developing Innovative Visual Resources for Students Everywhere
8th International Conference @ INHOLLAND UNIVERSITY
The DIVERSE Conference Committee would like to invite you to the DIVERSE Conference on 1-3 July 2008. This year's event is hosted by INHOLLAND University based in Haarlem, the Netherlands and the international DIVERSE network.
DIVERSE is the leading conference regarding all aspects of video and videoconferencing in education: teaching, research, management etc. This includes the convergence of these technologies with online technologies; the emergence of new possibilities such as "presence production" for learning, interactive television, virtual reality and computer games techniques, and handheld access to moving images.
DIVERSE is intended for anyone interested in embedding video and video communication (conferencing) technologies within educational practice: teachers, technical support staff, researchers, staff and educational developers and project managers.
DIVERSE provides excellent opportunities for formal and informal networking with experts in the field from all over the globe. The conference will be both a showcase and a critical forum on all aspects of video in education through plenary and themed sessions.
The sessions will consist of academic papers, poster presentations and best practice presentations accepted by the conference committee. Papers are welcome from practitioners and academics in all relevant disciplines. Furthermore, a limited number of 90-minute panel sessions will be included in the programme.
We are particularly interested in contributions that offer empirical studies of experiences within one of the following four tracks:
Track 1: Pedagogy and assessment
- Pedagogical theory about the use of video in teaching and learning
- Evaluation of teaching effectiveness using video in teaching and learning
- Digital course content and course (re)design
- Learning through production
- NETgen learning: how young people learn using social software and other emerging technologies
- Engaging and supporting learners by using visual media and videoconferencing
Track 2 Tools and content oriented applications
- Emerging technologies and their impact on teaching and learning
- Collaboration and interaction: peer production and community-based learning
- Virtual worlds and gaming in teaching and learning
- Multimedia/Hypermedia applications in teaching and learning
- Repositories: audiovisual archiving, metadata standardisation and retrieval
Track 3 Projects and cases: implementation and sustainability
- Best practices for teaching and learning with digital content
- Video in learning management systems and E-portfolios
- Videoconferencing, Voice over IP, and collaborative thinking applications
- Next-generation infrastructure and security management
- Video content development
- Reducing costs by using video and video conferencing
- International collaboration in the field of visual media and videoconferencing
Track 4 People and technology: societal aspects
- Communication technology for sustainable development (language and culture)
- Accessibility issues in the use of physical and/or digital space
- Intellectual property rights and open access
- Cultural attitudes and technology acceptance
- Media literacy
The last day for extended abstract submissions is February 11th, 2008. Abstracts are limited to 250 words. Please send abstract proposals to email@example.com using the proposal template which is available as well on the conference website. Acceptance notifications will be sent to the authors in early March. Accepted proposals will be published in the DIVERSE 2007 & 2008 proceedings.
The conference website will be continuously updated: http://www.inholland.nl/diverse2008.
Please contact the conference organisers in case you have any questions regarding the conference and presentations. They can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The conference committee looks forward to receiving your proposals and meeting you in Haarlem in July.
Proposal template: http://www.inholland.nl/NR/rdonlyres/E7FCEB38-E8E4-4596-ADAF-876D6C3728A1/0/AbstractformDiverse08.rtf
Learning and Development Centre
University of Warwick
Kirby Corner Road
Tel.: 024 765 74057
Fax: 024 754 72736