torsdag, november 22, 2007
[icl-list] ICL2008, First Announcement
Please would you forward this message to your lists.
ICL2008 First Announcement
11th International Conference on Interactive Computer aided Learning
- 16 May 2008 (full papers) and
- 30 May 2008 (short papers, demonstrations, poster, special tracks, tutorials, workshops)
(Special rates for ICL2008 participants!)
Sign in to the ICL Mailinglist
Scope of the conference
This interdisciplinary conference aims to focus on the exchange of relevant trends and research results as well as the presentation of practical experiences gained while developing and testing elements of interactive computer aided learning. Therefore pilot projects, applications and products will also be welcome.
The conference will be organized by the Carinthia University of Applied Sciences, Villach/Austria in cooperation with:
- Federal Ministries for Science, Education and Culture of Austria,
- IEEE Education Society
- European Distance and E-Learning Network (EDEN),
- International E-Learning Association (IELA)
- European Institute of E-Learning (EIfEL)
- Austrian Computer Society (OCG)
- International Society of Engineering Education (IGIP)
- International Association of OnlineEngineering
- IT Campus Carinthia
ICL2007 will have a focus on Educational MashUps, Collaborative Learning Environments and ePortfolios.
- Web based learning (WBL)
- Life long learning
- Intelligent content
- Adaptive and intuitive environments
- Responsive environments
- Mobile learning environments and applications
- Computer aided language learning (CALL)
- Platforms and authoring tools
- Educational MashUps
- Networks/Grids for learning
- Knowledge management and learning
- Collaborative learning
- Applications of the Semantic Web
- Standards and style-guides
- Remote and virtual laboratories
- Multimedia applications and virtual reality
- Pedagogical and psychological issues
- Evaluation and outcomes assessment
- New learning models and applications
- Real world experiences
- Pilot projects / Products / Applications
- School & IT
- MashUp Technologies
- Paper sessions (20 minutes presentation followed by a panel discussion)
- Short paper sessions: (15 minutes presentation)
- Interactive demonstrations (15 minutes, also online demonstrations)
- Poster Sessions
- Run a workshop or tutorial (This are half or full day events and do not require written or published papers. Proposals should clearly indicate the topic, background knowledge expected of the participants, objectives, and the qualifications of the instructor.)
- Organize a thematic session. (Proposals should include a minimum of three papers, a session title, a list of the topics covered and the qualifications of the session organizer. The name of the session organizer will appear in the program and proceedings.)
- Exhibit at ICL (products and developments of telelearning technology)
The proceedings will be published on CD in cooperation with the Kassel University Press (own ISBN number).
Format instructions will be available in time.
M. Auer (Carinthia Tech Institute)
Submission of papers
The abstracts should be submitted using the Electronic Submission System. If unable to submit the abstract electronically, please contact the Chair.
May 16, 2008
May 30, 2008
June 20, 2008
Sept. 10, 2008
Sept. 24-26, 2008
For more information contact
The conference venue is the Conference Center Villach (CCV). Villach is located in the southern part of Austria near Italy and Slovenia and can easily be reached by aircraft (Klagenfurt, Ljubljana, Salzburg), by train (EC) and highway (Autobahn).
If you want to unsubscribe from this mailing list please click here!
Prof. Dr.-Ing., Dr.sc. Michael E. Auer
Carinthia University of Applied Sciences
School of Systems Engineering
Europastrasse 4, A-9524 Villach, Austria
mailto:M.Auer@IEEE.org / http://WWW.cti.ac.at/auer
voice messages / fax: +49(12120)294752
PGP Public Keys
Have a look at:
This e-mail transmission is sent in confidence for the addressee only. It may contain privileged and confidential information and if you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, disclose, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it then immediately notify the sender.
It is recommended that the recipient of this e-mail undertakes virus checks.
icl-list mailing list